New Pottery Workshop for March 17, 18 2018 led by John Dix (USA), a highly respected woodfire potter and teacher based in Japan. (See www.johndix.com)
- Demonstrations, discussions and lectures with John Dix
- A woodfiring, which will run on site throughout the weekend
- Participants may have works included in the firing, up to 6 small pieces, bisqued stoneware only , sent before March 10th.
- lunch each day and coffee breaks
- Opening exhibition in my new gallery of Japanese style small drinking vessels with works by John Dix, Shozo Michikawa, Phil Rogers, Jim Behan, Robin Walden and Marcus O'Mahony
- St. Patrick's Day celebrations
We will open the kiln on Monday p.m. Participants may like to collect their work at a later date or it can be sent by post.
Price: 150 euro for the 2 days, including lunch. Early discount (before January 31) 135 euro. Student discount available. To book contact me at email@example.com or phone/text 0862028756.
2012 saw the scaling down of workshops and courses after our move to the new studio (more comfortable but smaller).
I have always enjoyed teaching and am happy to accommodate the occasional individual or small group of up to three students in the new studio.
Please contact me for further information and we can work on a programme that will suit you. Areas of interest can include improver throwing, advanced throwing techniques, throwing large pots, altering forms on and off the wheel, glazing and kiln building and firing. Firings may be included depending on time availability.